Thank you for stopping by; if you're inspired, please join in

Saturday 15 October 2011

Good to be back...

Let me first apologise to all those who visit and read my blog. It's about a month since my last post and it wasn't intentional. Enormous work demands, a recent home move and family commitments have meant that something had to give. Sadly it was impossible to keep up with blogging but I was planning to post next weekend until I saw an email from stelzz earlier this week asking after me and nominating me for the 'One Lovely Blog Award'. Suddenly it made me realise that being a blogger makes you part of a community of people united with a common purpose of writing about issues close to their hearts which meant I had to bring this post forward by a week. I am very grateful to stelzz for the the nomination. I love blogging and any nomination or award that comes along the way I'll regard as an icing on the cake.

Let me state the rules of the 'One Lovely Blog Award'

Versatile rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.. (I have already done this)
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know about it.



Lovely blog rules:
I. Answer the questions below
II. Tell seven random things about yourself
III. Pass the award to 15 other bloggers




1. Favourite Colour? Blue. Perhaps because it's seen as a masculine colour which I'm not sure about but I've always liked it ever since I was a child.

2. Favourite song? I'm not too sure but what I would say is that I like songs with deep philosophical meanings. Lately, I've been listening to music by Osita Osadebe and Mike Ejeagha.

3. Favourite Dessert? I wasn't brought up eating desserts so not something I indulge in but my sister makes some very delightful rice pudding which I get to eat when I go over to visit her.

4. What puts you off? I don't like dealing with people who are unreliable or who I can't hold to their words. Trust is what I treasure most in people but sadly it's become more of a rarity these days.

5. Your favourite pet? I don't have any pet and I don't want one either. Not my thing, sorry.

6. Black or white? Black. I quite like black shirts and t-shirts. My wife thinks I look cool wearing them.

7. Your biggest fear? Believe it or not I haven't got any but I hate failure so I guess fear of failure could be my biggest fear.

8. Everyday Attitude? Staying positive and always looking at the big picture.

9. Your best feature? hmmm...I really don't know. As someone created in the image of God, I would like to think I have God-like features.

10. What is perfection? The world we live in is a product of imperfection. I would need to be in heaven to answer this one because in my view that is the only place where perfection exists.

11. Guilty pleasure? I'm happily married so I don't want to be guilty of any pleasure :)
 


Seven random things about me

1. I believe in humility in whatever you do or achieve. I also believe whatever gifts or talents we have come from God and we should be able to share without fuss to other people.

2. I'm a big sports fan and I particularly follow football, tennis and athletics. I support Arsenal football club even though they are currently not doing well in the English premiership.

3. I take great pleasure in using whatever skills or God given talent I have to help other people to succeed. Perhaps it's no surprise I ended becoming a teacher and mentor.

4. I believe what you are is what you eat. I stay away from junk food and only eat it occasionally as a treat. I've applied the same principle in bringing up my children and so far it's working.

5. The best gifts I've ever received are my two children. After a hard day's work and when you're losing the will to live, coming home to see them smiling like they always do, is the best feeling in the world.

6. I don't watch too many movies but my most memorable movie is 'Sleeping with the Enemy' by Julia Roberts. It kept me hooked from start to finish.

7. I don't have any regret in life because I believe everything happens for a reason. There's no need worrying about things that you can't change or control but rather focus on the positives in life.

Tags

I am going to tag the following blogs as part of the rules of the nomination process and I think it's only fair I nominate all blogs that follow me in no particular order. Some of which are newly discovered and others I would describe as versatile:

Luciano (Luciano's world)

Kitkat Tales

Perfectless Girl (I'm not Perfect)

@ilola

enybees-hub

Straight from the Revolutionist's pen

Naija Mum in London

Secretlilies

Imo State Blog

Ginger

http://igbopeople.blogspot.com/

Myne Whitman

Naijalines

Muse Origins

http://backtonaija.blogspot.com/

It's nice to be back again blogging, hopefully normal blogging service will resume on this blog next week. See you then.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back...I must admit I have been AWOL also
    Good to know more about you
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yayy, good to have you back. hope you're finally settled. nice read!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome back.
    thanks a looooot for the award

    ReplyDelete
  4. @NIL, good to know you're back too. I guess been away myself for a while didn't make me take notice

    @stelzz, thanks once again for the nomination and glad you found it an interesting read

    @ Luciano, thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  5. These awards are a great way to build community, I definitely know more about you now :)

    Thanks for awarding me too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Myne, I agree with you, thanks for the comments

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

COPYRIGHT WARNING

The written materials and ideas on this blog are subject to copyright and cannot be reproduced without written permission of the blog author who goes under the pseudo names Naija4Life (A Pen and A Heart). Unless stated otherwise all quoted articles, paragraphs, titles or excerpts must be credited to the blog author. To contact the blog author to obtain permission or other copyright issues, please email and await a response:
nnaija4life@yahoo.com








Live Trafic Feed